Thursday, March 3, 2011

An award!

I have been given "The Versatile Blogger" award. Ain't it purty? :)


The Conditions:
1. Thank the person who loved you enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers– in no particular order– who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let your ten new friends know you admire them

I already have thanked her but I will say it again: thank you my darling haze! You are one of the most loving people I know. Your big heart makes me smile. :)

Et maintenant, les sept faits!

1. About two years ago I vowed to never wear socks that match again. Since then I always wear mismatched socks. Always.

2. I have an abhorrence of things that are popular. Even just mildly popular. I get a strange enjoyment out of loving things (books, movies, songs/singers) that no one has ever heard of. Or at least things that no one I know in real life have heard of. On the blogging world I don't care as much, if at all.

3. I have a penchant for sad songs. Sure, love songs and happy songs are wonderful... but nothing satisfies me quite like a song with plaintive vocals and heartbreaking/melancholic lyrics.

4. I have been homeschooled my whole life. Actually, I'm rather shocked that I didn't turn out cripplingly unsocial.

5. Nothing terrifies me quite like deep sea life does. The unfathomable depths of the ocean gives me the creeps as do the creatures that live in them. I especially hate octopuses. And whales. When I was around 5 or so I tore out the picture of "Jonah and the Whale" in an illustrated Bible we had. Hahaha.

6. I don't seriously believe in reincarnation... but I like to think I was a 1920's lounge singer in another life. ;)

7. I've been a Francophile since the age of five at least. (Thanks to Ludwig Bemelmans' Madeline books. Madeline was my childhood heroine and caused me to love all things French.)

And for once, I am actually passing this on instead of copping-out! Though I really do hate picking and choosing people to pass this on to cause, in my opinion, everyone deserves an award. But, choose I did. The rules said to pick 10 newly discovered bloggers but I ignored that. And funnily enough, though this is a "versatility award" the rules didn't tell me to necessarily pick versatile bloggers. That's seems a little odd to me... but I guess they just realize how uncommonly versatile everyone is here on the blogging world, hehe. :)


The lovely blogs I am passing this award onto:
~Blush of Dawn~
~I Wear Milk Crowns~
~Screaming Swans~
~Lost Things~
~Floating~
~clickety-clack~
~BLOG.~
~Shades of Green and Grey.~
~all that is gold~
~she would have liked wings~


You all don't have to do it if you don't want to. (Sorry. I just can't help but say that. Ignore me, please.)

I hope everyone has a satisfactory weekend! Mine looks like it's going to be semi-busy. Booo! (I don't deal well with having a social life. :P)

14 comments:

  1. *tears up* Oh goodness, love! I've never gotten an award! Thank you sooooo much!!!
    xxx
    (I have a friend who has the wakiest socks. They always make me smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so welcome my dear! <3
    Wacky socks are best! My clothes are usually very boring... but my feet are always interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful girl!
    love yah <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks so much! I will definitely do this post for my next one! I liked all the facts you've shared with us - the sock one is pretty cool. I've still been wearing matching socks, but they're usually goofy with animals and flowers on them, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I have done couple of these before, but I will do this again, because it is so much fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melee! :)
    I'll try to do it as soon as I can, I can't wait :)
    I try to always wear odd socks too, its my pet hate to wear matching ones haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5!! That is so me. I'm okay with going to the beach, but the deep ocean really scares me. I get this strange nostalgia when I think about the ocean though. Kind of like I was a fish (but unhappy to be one) in another life. I don't believe this at all though, just describing the feeling.

    Thanks again for the award! Enjoy your semi-busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #2 I've always shrunk away from the uber-popular, but a few years ago I decided that I should give them the benefit of the doubt. So if they're things that would have interested me anyway, I try them. Actually, I still often dislike them, but I have found some favorites. (Rather to my shame...heh.)
    #4 Strange how we survive these things, isn't it? Have fun with your busy, sociable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haze: Awww, so are you! Love you too! :)

    CloudyKim: You're welcome. Hehe, thanks! I love socks with animals on them - they're my favourites! :)

    E: You are quite welcome! I can't wait to read it. :)

    P.s. I am Me: You're welcome! I look forward to reading it. :) Hooray for odd-sockers! =D

    Jade: Exactly! I don't mind the beach at all either. That is so interesting! But I think I understand that. As much as I fear the ocean there is something about it that I just love.
    You're welcome again! I'll try... ;)

    Jenica: You go, girl! Haha. I try to give the benefit of the doubt... but it's hard.
    It is indeed strange! And, oh - I'm worn out already! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very sweet of you dearest, thank you <3

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jhordyn Ashley: You are welcome, my dear. Though what can I say? You deserve it! :)

    Marian: You are quite welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm sorry I've been quiet lately, both in posts and comments. I just finished Midterms, so I will try to be better–– until Finals! :( But life has still been magical and happy, though a lot busier then I would like.

    I've been keeping up on reading your blog and I really hope you're doing well. I've worried about you, especially after reading your 30 January post "The Turning Point." I related to that because that's how I felt when I was about 12 or 13, but healing does occur and can transform you into whomever you desire. I'm 20 now (though I'm pretending I'm younger!), and I'm now a very different person and no longer feel the way I used to at 12. I hope you find the healing you desire and are able to emerge new, like a phoenix being born from the flames.

    I think you're wonderful and you deserve all the happiness in the world. Thank you for being such a support to me in my own little blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I am glad life is good though busy. School is the most necessary evil. But they tell me it ends someday. We can only hope!

    Oh, thank you, my dear. The healing process is still going. There are good days and there are bad days. Last week was good. Yesterday was really bad. But today is good. Your encouragement means so much to me. It really does.
    Well, I think you are wonderful! Your comment made my heart feel so happy. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Silhouettes of a secret. A story told over a cuppa. Or perhaps just sitting on that stone bench, basking in the moonlight... and not saying anything at all.


("I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks." -Shakespeare, Twelfth Night)